English Made Easy

Every night, the daily notes will be posted in case you miss a day or just need some catch up. Links are at the bottom of the page and if you have questions or need help, leave a comment or contact me and I will try my best!

Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Romeo and Juliet Characters

The Montague Family
Those and them loyal

Romeo Montague
*About 16 years old
*from an upperclass family
*Tragic Flaw: In love with the idea of being in love

Lord Montague
*Romeo's father
*Often referred to as just Montague

Lady Montague
*Romeos mother

Benvolio
*Romeos cousin + friend
*Benevolent (good natured. well meaning. kindly, trustworthy)
*Ussually is not bias

Abram
* a Montague servingman (servant)

Balthasar
*Romeos servingman
*more dedicated to serving and working for specifically Romeo

Mercutio
*Romeo's best friend; no blood relation
*related to the prince Escalus (prince of Verona)
*Sassy, rude, crude, speaks his mind



The Capulet Family

Juliet
*she is turning 14
*Romeo's love interest throughout the vast majority of the play (after Rosaline)

Lord Capulet
*Juliet's father
*often referred to as just "Capulet"
*head of the family rivaling with the Montague's

Lady Capulet
*Juliet's mother

Nurse
*Juliet's nursemaid and caretaker
*shes raised Juliet and is responsible for meeting Juliet's needs (kind of like a nanny but with greater responsibilities)
* Juliet's confidant
*Heavyset and dumb-witted

Tybalt
* Juliet's cousin
*hotheaded
*always ready to fight


4 comments:

  1. Ms. Metz,

    I am an English teacher in Brooklyn, NY who is currently teaching "Romeo and Juliet." Would you please e-mail me a printable copy of your Capulet family tree? I am only able to clearly read the Montague diagram.

    Thanks in advance,

    Kim Green
    Foundations Academy
    Brooklyn, NY
    mbagreen1920@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms. Metz,
    I am an English teacher who is also currently teaching "Romeo and Juliet." I encountered the same problem as Kim. Would you please e-mail me a printable copy of your Capulet family tree? You picture will help 120 students in my class. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is mcdull.mcmug@aol.com. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I am also teaching R & J and would love a copy of the Capulet family tree.
    pam.nelson@slcschools.org

    ReplyDelete